Feel like you are taking on too much information? I bet I am not the only one feeling we are trapped in this hyper informational dystopian age when you have all the answers at the touch of a screen. We are bombarded with these subtle messages from many sources, from our phone, and tv to social media. Realistically can you block out this assault to the senses – of course not, but you can certainly implement strategies to help combat them.
Here are my 5 tips on how to reduce such an issue.
- Place an ad blocker on your laptop/computer. This helps eliminate all the advertisements that flash up on your screen. I am currently using AdBlock. It is free and does the trick! Disclaimer: I am far from an IT expert, and this is based on personal experiences.
- Place your phone on air plane mode when playing games. This reduces the amount of traffic that pops up on the screen during game play.
- A tough one but not impossible try to remove or sell your TV. If you feel you are unable to do this, place the remote control in another room. This will prevent you from mindlessly reaching for it when you jump onto the couch.
- Limit your social media use by deleting apps off your phone and instead using them on your personal computer. By switching to your computer, you will limit the mindless scrolling.
- Limit screen time before going to bed. Focusing your attention on hobbies such as yoga or painting will significantly reduce being bombarded with these messages before bed.
Hope this helps and feel free to let me know in the comments below how you deal with information overload.
Food for thought.
Till next time, Stay Stoic,