Are you asking yourself the tough question or just ignoring it?
When you think of the word ‘addicted’ what is the first thing that comes to mind? Alcohol, drugs, gambling? Does the use of screens come into your mind at all… probably not. A survey by Code Computerlove found that the UK average screen time is 3 hours 23 minutes per day. So let us put that into perspective
1 day = 3 hrs 23 minutes.
1 week = 23hrs 41 minutes.
1 month (30 days average) = 4 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes.
1 year = 1 month, 20 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes.
10 years = 1 year, 4 month, 29days, 13 hours and 10 minute.
Let’s be honest with ourselves (me included) that’s a lot of time which could be used in better ways. So ask the question – are you addicted to your screen? If you feel you are here are some tips which can be implemented right away:
- Turn off all non-essential notifications on your phone
- Delete apps that you are not using
- Leave your phone outside the bedroom at night time
- Set a time limit on the apps that take a lot of your time
- Replace your ‘screen time’ with another activity such as reading, painting etc.
When you think of the word ‘addicted’ what is the first thing that comes to mind? Alcohol, drugs, gambling? Does the use of screens come into your mind at all… probably notTweet
Food for thought.
Till next time, Stay Stoic,