Are you the one of many buried in email?
Electronic mail, one can say it’s amazing, while another may say it is detrimental, but we all can agree email has changed our lives in more ways than one. Originating back in the 1960’s email had minimal use until it exploded during the 1990s with the rise of spam and junk mail.
The ability to check emails on the go has led us to regularly check our inbox from first thing in the morning to last thing at night, but it does not have to be like this.
Here are a few tips to help you out of the email slump:
- Remove Email apps off your phone – this will drastically reduce the amount of time you spend on your emails due to lack of access. If this is too much try turning off notifications for an email in your settings as a start.
- Unsubscribe from all email marketing that you don’t find valuable – you would be surprised how many emails you receive that you don’t even want anymore.
- Apply the following when dealing with your emails:
- Respond now – if you can reply in less than 2 minutes do
- Respond later – create a respond later folder and reply later if necessary
- Bin –Unsubscribe and throw the email in the bin if you have no interest in it
- Organise for later – for emails from content creators you wish to read at another time
The idea of using the following is to keep your inbox free of unread mail so you can get on with your day and do some real work!
Food for thought.
Till next time, Stay Stoic,